City, church leaders in Memphis concerned about local HIV/AIDS cases |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
City and church leaders in Memphis are concerned about the growing number of news cases of HIV and AIDS.
To commemorate World AIDS Day Saturday- workshops, free testing and a movie screening were held at Christ Missionary Baptist Church.
“So it’s about educating informing and inspiring other people to get in the fight and to be equipped and armed with information and to save lives,” said Christ Missionary Baptist Church Pastor Gina M. Stewart.
Organizers say people in Memphis and Shelby County are dying when they don't have to.
The World Health Organization estimates there are 34 million people worldwide living with HIV.
Upcoming Events near South Memphis
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon
- Memphians will find no room at downtown hotels
- Summary reveals Memphis would pay at least $25M for AutoZone Park