Bank gives $1,000 checks to 13 charities | Business
(WMC-TV) - Thirteen is their lucky number. The locals are lucky to have them.
Thirteen Memphis-area non-profits are each $1,000 richer, thanks to Wells Fargo's third Days of Giving Program Sept. 5 at the Memphis Union Mission, 600 Poplar Ave.
The bank presented a grand to each of the following non-profits for contributions to their local communities:
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Memphis
- Desoto County School District
- Friends for Life
- Hope House
- Latino Memphis, Inc.
- Memphis Child Advocacy Center
- Memphis Oral School for the Deaf
- National Black MBA Association
- Special Olympics of Memphis
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- The Salvation Army
- Women Identity Purpose Organization
- YWCA of Greater Memphis
"The $1,000 will go a long way to provide pre-school for children impacted with HIV," said Craig Locke, Hope House's director of development. "Gifts of this size can go a long way to provide a lot for our students."
"Days of Giving allows us to applaud the non-profits who serve and help people across Memphis every day," said Ari M. Litvin, Wells Fargo Advisors Mid-South complex manager.