Delta Airlines may cut routes in January | Business
Delta Air Lines Inc. could be cutting its Memphis departures again by the first week of January, and that might mean less overall non-stop service from Memphis International Airport.
The Atlanta-based airline company could cut its Memphis departures from 111 to 94, according to an airliners.net forum. That would be a 15.3 percent cut, with three destinations being discontinued and 10 others seeing reduced flight frequency.
According to the forum, Delta would discontinue service to Birmingham, Ala., and Fort Lauderdale and Jacksonville, Fla., while reducing flights to Nashville, Jackson, Miss., Los Angeles, Little Rock, Kansas City, Raleigh-Durham, San Antonio, St. Louis, Tulsa and Knoxville.
For more information, click here.
Upcoming Events near South Memphis
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon
- Memphians will find no room at downtown hotels
- Summary reveals Memphis would pay at least $25M for AutoZone Park