Woman sent to hospital after cooking oil fire | News
(WMC-TV) – Firefighters say cooking oil left unattended on a stove caused a South Memphis house fire that sent one woman to the hospital Tuesday night.
Firefighters could see smoke pouring from the one story home in the 3500 block of Kimball Avenue when they made the scene just after 7 o’clock.
Crews were able to knock down the flames in just a few minutes, but not before a 54-year-old suffered smoke inhalation and had to be taken to the hospital.
Investigators say the fire caused about $12,500 in damage to the home.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.