Air conditioning unit causes house fire | News
(WMC-TV) - A malfunctioning air conditioner started a house fire that caused $35,000 in damage Saturday night, according to the Memphis Fire Department.
Crews responded to the fire in the 800 block of Goodwyn Street just after 9:45 p.m. and could see flames coming from the home.
The fire was brought under control quickly, was still able to cause about $30,000 in damage to the home and about $5,000 in damage to the resident's belongings.
Investigators say the fire started when a bedroom air conditioning unit malfunctioned.
No one was injured during the fire.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.