Shelby Farms Park is excited to open up the Outback, the park's off-leash dog park, with new improvements that significantly improve safety for dogs and their owners and offer patrons an opportunity to commemorate beloved pets in a place that is special to them.
New features include:
- New “bull pen” style entrance gate that allows controlled access and exit. The double gated system allows visitors and their pets to leash and unleash in a safe holding area between the entrance and exit gate.
- A brick-lined Legacy Walk provides patrons an opportunity to commemorate beloved pets with a donation to the Outback that adds a personalized brick to the walkway
- Tree plantings, sod installation and improved signage
- Forest restoration though selective tree pruning and native understory plantings (Sweetbay Magnolias, Redbuds, deciduous Hollies and Serviceberry)
- Improved grading and drainage for adjacent parking lot